Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cage and Chains

Due to our daily work routines and predestined traffic we are missing quality times with our families. People driving from Sharjah-Dubai on daily basis would agree. At times, I am in awe thinking it would not matter much if I had sent them back. But, at the end of the sunlight hours when I reach home and see their delight on seeing me at home it recharges my audacity just like the bunny in the Duracell advertisement to go out the next day and give my best performance. Our routines and traffic fears us so much that we don’t see the bigger picture. The pictures I see on TV to watch news end of the day is what I say is the ‘bigger picture’ because it urges every soul to do something for the millions who are suffering due to war, poverty and natural calamities. With this notion I doze off but when I rouse up the next morning all the thoughts of serving the humankind which came last night get quarantined. The predators of my good thoughts are unquestionably work stress and traffic that endlessly kill my thoughts day after day. We are grinded by wicked forces that have caught us in a cage made of long working hours instead of long bars and tied with chains made out of anxiety. Therefore whenever I see my pet parrot everyday I feel he grins on me to see that his master is also in a cage which has no doors and no hope. Maybe he’s right. Its time we get rid of the cage and the chains or the parrot would always grin on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment